SETA Support Specialist
Fort Belvoir, Virginia
- A current government clearance and background investigation are required.
OPS Consulting is seeking an experienced professional to provide IT/acquisition support on functions of software licensing and contracting. Assist in developing contract documentation, tracking/managing software licenses, confirming requirements and analyzing data. Provide expertise on the myriad of software license factors that influence cost, schedule, performance, and risk. Provides assistance in analyzing and developing improved policies, plans, methods, procedures, and acquisition management.
- Perform software maintenance renewal actions including confirming requirements with INSCOM organizations, performing market research, requesting quotes and statements of non-availability through CHESS, drafting bills of materials, submitting ARFIT-MI waiver requests and assembling staffing packets for routing/approval.
- Perform work related to responding to software data calls from HQDA CIO/G-6 and within INSCOM. Track data call responses from subordinate organizations and consolidate responses for the customer.
- Perform management actions for tracking INSCOM’s portfolio of software licenses and cost shares for customer.
- Perform contracting-related support actions including PWS, SOO, preparing documents and performing market research.
- Support development of INSCOM G-6/GISA policy, TTPs, governance, IM/IT strategic planning, mission analysis & related CIO functions and activities
- Develop and work with IT acquisition policies, procedures & approval processes, asset & portfolio management, enterprise IT software.
- Supporting transformation planning; near, mid, and long-range IM/IT strategic planning;
- Recommendations on organizational manning and enterprise relationships; preparation of briefings and papers for G6/GISA senior leadership; providing technical expertise and recommendations at ISR architecture, planning, and implementation meetings; and providing recommendations on organization and functions
- Assisting Planning, Programming, Budgeting, and Execution (PPBE) requirements, to tie IT Requirements to resourcing to assist in building resourcing information papers and POM builds, alignment of IT investments to strategic objectives
- Conduct planning, develop OPLAN/CONOPS/CONPLAN/OPORDS, collaboration and knowledge management planning, and ISR infrastructure architecture planning
- Attends G6/GISA meetings, VTCs, and conferences as required and supports coordination with key military and civilian personnel at MSCs, ASCCs, HQDA, Army MACOMs, Services, and Intelligence Agencies
- Technically supports the development of Unfunded Requirement (UFR)/URR and POM issue papers, organizational and functional lay-downs, POA&M MS Project schedules, facilities planning documents, security architecture planning documents, and strategy and implementation documents and briefings
- Providing support as point-of contact as Requirements Manager for IT requirements, collaborating with requesting activities to decompose IT requirements and scope into projects for transition to project managers and act as POC for issues related to IT requirements
- Perform staff action officer work related to Joint Staff and Army Staff actions related to G6/GISA
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in technology related field required. Systems Engineering, Software Engineering or equivalent experience and 10 years' experience in IM/IT Project Management, Project Engineering, Systems Engineering, Software Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively interface with senior military and civilian officials, managers, vendors and subordinates. Must be able to pay attention to details, analyze large data sets and perform root cause analysis.
- Experience and understanding of software license models for Microsoft, VMware, Adobe, Cisco, Veritas, subscription, cloud and perpetual license models. Experience with contract actions and software maintenance renewals, getting quotes from vendors and submitting requests through Army CHESS. IT Project Management experience; Understanding of the Intelligence Community (IC) and IC IM/IT related initiatives, standards, policies; Performance Management and Metrics; and Army/DoD IT management reform & transformation, data center consolidation, enterprise services implementation, budget actions (i.e. MIPRs), and related IT effectiveness & efficiency initiatives.