The Senior Accountant will be responsible for managing accounting operations and functions including payroll; balance sheet reconciliations; prepare P/L & financial statements; support various contract types (i.e., firm-fixed cost, cost plus, time and material); enhance existing and create new internal controls; managing and assisting with DCAA audits/reviews; drafting customized policies and procedures; and supporting incurred cost submissions.
A successful candidate will be able to demonstrate skills related to managerial and cost accounting. Other required skills include:
- 6-10 years accounting experience.
- Knowledge and experience in GAAP and government cost accounting
- Excellent oral communication skills.
- Able to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Experience working in a small, entrepreneurial business environment.
- Technologically savvy, particularly able to work well in Excel, Access and SharePoint.
- Extremely attentive to details.
- A bachelor's degree in accounting or equivalent from an accredited college or university preferred
- Experience working in a consulting environment preferred.
- Experience with Peoplesoft and ADP software preferred
- At least 3 years government contracting experience preferred