Software Engineer Level 0
Annapolis Junction, MD
- A current government clearance, background investigation, and polygraph are required.
OPS Consulting is seeking an experienced professional develop, maintain, and enhance complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements. Work individually or as part of a team. Review and test software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Resolve software problem reports. Utilize software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment. Provide specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
- Analyzes user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements.
- Designs and codes new software or modifies existing software to add new features.
- Debugs existing software and corrects defects.
- Integrates existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments.
- Develops simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories.
- Make recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards.
- No demonstrated experience required. A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science or related discipline is required. Four (4) years of software experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree.
- Cloud-based software experience is highly desired