Acquisition Professional Level 1
Annapolis Junction, MD
- A current government clearance, background investigation, and polygraph are required.
OPS Consulting is seeking an experienced professional to provide acquisition support on functions of program management. Assist program managers in developing program documentation, creating program schedules, tracking program status, evaluating operational and technical alternatives, performing risk assessment and managing integrated product teams. Provide expertise on the myriad of factors that influence cost, schedule, performance, and risk. Advise in the interpretation and tailoring of DoD acquisition regulations/ memorandums, and ensure affordable, supportable and effective systems are delivered to the customer. Provides assistance in analyzing and developing improved policies, plans, methods, procedures, and systems of acquisition management programs.
- Prepare complex requisitions (for a contract award) in the company’s financial management system, or assist other requestors in the timely development, tracking and monitoring of requisitions through approval and certification cycles.
- Work with project personnel and contracting, as appropriate, ensuring that all required documentation is included. In addition, the following documentation may be included: Sole Source Justification, Small Business Dissolve Set Aside, Power/ Space/ Cooling Approval, and Baseline exemption Requests (BERs).
- Prepare complex Military Interdepartmental Purchase Requests (MIPR) and Economy Act Orders (EAO), and requisitions associated with MIPRs and EAOs in the company’s financial management system.
- Utilize established acquisition and financial management policies, procedures, regulations and tools.
- Track financial execution performance information (commitments, obligations, and outlays).
- Provide financial status reports for program offices, budget center managers, contracting officers representatives, and expenditure center managers as tasked and recommending funding adjustments as appropriate.
- Support GPM’s in the identification and collection of Minimum Acquisition Requirements.
- Coordinate and schedule pre-acquisition meetings, to include IPTs.
- Assist program managers in developing program documentation, creating program schedules, and tracking program status.
- Provide support to GPMs to assure execution within the cost, schedule, and performance baselines.
- Provide assistance in analyzing and developing improved policies, plans, methods, procedures, and systems of acquisition management programs.
- Five (5) years of demonstrated combined experience in DOD acquisition management, program management, and/or contract management
- Bachelor’s Degree with a business focus is required. In lieu of a degree, Project Management Institute PMP certification, or Contract Manager CPCM certification, or DAWIA Level II in any focus area, AND an additional three (3) years of directly related experience for a total of Eight (8) years may be substituted.
- FACTS experience is preferred