- Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain a government clearance, background investigation, and polygraph.
OPS Consulting is seeking an experienced Systems Administrator to be responsible for effective provisioning, installation/ configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. Will ensure that system hardware, operating systems, software systems are operating in such a manner as to be an enabler to the staff allowing them to perform their duties. Will communicate with all levels of employees to solve IT company related problems/ issues as needed. This individual will provide basic web page designs, maintain current web pages with new content uploads, changes, etc.
This individual will support the OPS Consulting CEO in development of original ideas. This task requires programming skills in multiple languages and the ability to learn new languages quickly. Must be an out of the box thinker with ability to take general concepts, directions, guidance and convert them into executable code.
SA - Operations and Support:
SA – Maintenance:
- Will need experience with Windows PowerShell scripting and prior Server Administration experience.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Perform daily (or as necessary) backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure/ add new services as necessary.
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures in writing.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Bachelor degree, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science.
- Strong Communication skills – must be able to interact with all levels of employees.
- Must have Windows PowerShell scripting and Windows Server Administration experience.
- Must have experience with Office 365 (Exchange, Intune, SharePoint, etc.)
- Must have Windows System Administration experience; i.e. daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, add/ remove users, mount filesystems, file access control, and file system backup configuration/ restoration.
- Experience with NIST SP 800-171 requirements as defined in DFARS 252.204-7012 by documenting and periodically testing controls to ensure compliance.
- Experience with programming (various languages desired).
- This individual must be an out of the box thinker with ability to take general concepts, directions, guidance and convert them into executable code.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Experience with Web Design and company website maintenance.
- Systems Administration/System Engineer certification in Unix and Microsoft.
- Experience with the following is nice to have:
- Remote access
- Firewall Configuration
- Scripting for web development: PHP, HTML, CSS
- Office 365 administration
- Strong documentation skills