Lead System Engineer that develops a next generation 802.11 radio
platform. Lead the design and development of an 802.11-based prototype
suitable for demonstration of our technology. This is a mixture of
detail-oriented, standards-conforming interface development, and
implementation of bleeding-edge research. Oversee a small team of
engineers, guiding the design choices (both hardware and software),
establish development goals, and implementing the code for a OSI-layer 1-2
Roles and Key Responsibilities
* Full-time position
* Write system and software code
* Produce hardware system design for both preliminary and critical design reviews (PDR and CDR) of system prototypes
* Ensure the project conforms to reasonable coding standards
* Influence the environment, languages, versioning and backup, and testing decisions
* Oversee configuration management of both hardware and software.
* This is an office with a minimum of bureaucracy, and a focus on rigor and results.
* Collaborate, guide and work with core research team on the goals and functionality of the resultant system.
* Document results, managing timelines, forecasting milestones and roadblocks.
* Masters or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or a related technical field
* 5+ years of Lab experience
* 5+ years of Matlab, C/C++, or Python software
* 5+ years communications systems and theory
* 3+ years OSI physical layer modeling of channels, propagation, etc.
* 3+ years of practical experience with MIMO OFDM implementation
* 3+ years experience with 802.11 MAC or related protocol design;
* 3+ years of GNU Radio or other SDR experience
* 3+ years of team leadership experience
* Recent commercial product development experience
* Familiarity with Digital / RF mixed signal design best practices
* Demonstrable writing and/or technical documentation skill
* 3+ years experience with Digital Signal Processors, FPGA, ASIC, or other real-time platforms
* 3+ years integrated toolchain development